I need to install WinME on a disk with MDK8.2 already installed on it.

With diskdrake I created a 3Gbyte primary partition of type FAT32 (LBA)
on unpartitioned space of hda. The new partition is seen as hda3 in
linux and C: with DOS fdisk.

Then, booting from a WinME rescue disk I install WinME to C: from the
cdrom. When the system reboots, bios shows the message "invalid I/O
device - remove disk and press key" or something like that. I am still
able to boot linux with a linux boot disk.

Any hints? Has anybody ever installed WinXX after linux? I was prepared
to reinstalling LILO after WinME, but I don't understand why

thanks,

raffaele