hi listers ...

maybe my brains are working slower than usual as i think the winter
caught up on me and i'm feeling kinda... dead.

anyway, here's my problem:

i've read the man page for Grep and i really can't figure out
wether what i want to do is possible or not.

i have a lot of backup  CD's and everytime i needed to restore
something i had to look for it in avery single one of them, as
maintaining a list of all of their contents would be a job demanding
more time and patience than i have.

so, basically i started inserting every backup CD i had and doing

ls -R /mnt/cdrom >> /home/user/cds/cd**.txt

where the ** is a number.

this way i got a pretty "raw" list of the contents of each CD.
now, i need grep to tell me inside of which file the search
criteria is found. for example i run this:

cat /home/user/cds/* | grep -10 gaim

it shows me the Gaim rpm file, 10 lines above, and 10 lines below.
that's fine but now i need to know inside of which file it found that!

is that possible?

thanks.

Damian