-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Franki
Sent: Thursday, 4 July 2002 2:04 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] openssh 3.4 problem on mdk7.2

Hi People...

I just upgraded ssh on a mdk7.2 server (used MandrakeUpdate to get
openssh3.4) and now I have a problem..

when I try to login remotely, I get this message:

# ssh -X -C 123.123.123.123
no matching comp found: client zlib server none

yet if I login with webmin, ssh is running fine..

I did notice that ssh added a ssh user to /etc/passwd is that normal???

Has anyone else had this problem? and if so, what did you do about it?

I am updating one of my 8.2 boxes to see if I get the same problem... I'll
let you know.

rgds

Franki