HI

I recently was given by a business friend of mine one of the above a 3000R
(well I had to give him a small fee for a few beers).

It is fully functioning and has the 500mhz Alpha processor on it and 2gb of
on board ram etc etc... does not have any SCSI HDD's with it.

He says it can only run Win NT4  because they kludged the BIOS on these
machines. They have coded the BIOS to Win NT 4 only.

Does anybody on here have an idea what they might have done to the BIOS
(How I find out what they have done) and what would I have to do to get
around what they have done?

If somebody could get me started in the right direction that would help. I
really wanted to get Linux installed on it...

John

---