On Saturday 06 Jul 2002 4:36 pm, Rainer wrote:
>       still at a loss here. no Grip in software manager, 'installed',
> 'installable', or 'updates'.  either it's there or it isn't, right? maybe
> it fell off my cd-rom install package? so, could someone please direct me
> to a link where i can download this beast.
>
>       'pourquoi faire complique, quand on peut faire tres complique'
>
>       thanks.

Oh I understand now.  You have a Powerpack dont you?
Grip and a whole lot of other useful and not so useful packages got omitted
from the powerpacks. The download edition is fine.  Mandrake claim it was in
order to fit more useful stuff on, but in reality it was a screw up.

You can find an online CD image here
http://www.mandrakeforum.org/article.php?sid=2274&lang=en  which has all the
missing packages on it.
Alternatively you can add any missing packages you need from www.rpmfind.net
Trouble is you will not know what is missing if you do not already know they
exist...