July 7, 2002 11:50 am, Tania Morell wrote:
> I'm trying to get x running on my new laptop.  It's a Toshiba satellite
> s501 which has  a gforce 440 go  video chip and a 15.0" high resolution
> SXGA+ TFT screen..
>
> If anybody has anything even remotely resembling this, I'd LOVE to see
> your xf86config-4 config file.   I'm running out of ideas here  =(
> even if the screen is the same but the video different, that would help
> tons too.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -T
Never done it personally Tania but will this help?

http://www.slonet.org/~araul/linux/toshiba.htm

I see lots of 'help' for other models using the Intel chipset but the only
things that a Google search turned up for the NVidia chipset was in French
and it was for someone using Mandrake 8.1. That shouldn't matter much but do
you read and understand French?

Good luck.
--
Charlie