-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Nick Emans
Sent: Sunday, July 07, 2002 8:55 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Re: [newbie]  i need xf86config help !

Charlie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>July 7, 2002 11:50 am, Tania Morell wrote:
>> I'm trying to get x running on my new laptop.  It's a Toshiba
satellite
>> s501 which has  a gforce 440 go  video chip and a 15.0" high
resolution
>> SXGA+ TFT screen..
>>
>> If anybody has anything even remotely resembling this, I'd LOVE to
see
>> your xf86config-4 config file.   I'm running out of ideas here  =(
>> even if the screen is the same but the video different, that would
help
>> tons too.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -T
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>Never done it personally Tania but will this help?
>
>http://www.slonet.org/~araul/linux/toshiba.htm
>
>I see lots of 'help' for other models using the Intel chipset but the
only
>things that a Google search turned up for the NVidia chipset was in
French
>and it was for someone using Mandrake 8.1. That shouldn't matter much
but do
>you read and understand French?
>
>Good luck.
>--
>Charlie
>Edmonton,AB,Canada
>Registered user 244963 at http://counter.li.org
>A critic is a bundle of biases held loosely together by a sense of
taste.
>        -- Whitney Balliett

Tania:
    NVidia makes some propietary drivers for their chips, and provide
free downloads of them for Linux. Most users will say that they provide
the most robust video performance for their chips. The drivers are
common
to all their devices. They are somewhat tricky for a newbie to set up;
the most reliable way I found was utilizing scapegoat's tutorial:
http://mdkxp.by-a.com/htm/tutorials/nvidiarpm.php
nick
--
nickE