A friend has asked me to check out a camera received as a present.
Plugged it into the USB port and ran up usbview.  The camera is certainly
detected but how to get at the data on the chip?  Should it be mounted
as a filesystem and if so what type.  I have a feeling it is a character
oriented device rather than block but in either case don't know what to do
with it.  This lady wants to take the camera on holiday in three days
time.  This is the first occasion I have ever looked at USB and am
confused by the references to SCSI in previous threads.  scsi-mod and
aic7xxx are loaded.

This is what usbview reports:
USB Dual-mode Camera
Manufacturer: STMicroelectronics