I am going to sign off Linux Newbies now, but before I do so, I want
to extend my sincere thanks to all of you very helpful people,
especially Sridhar and Civileme, but to many others as well.

After a bit of experimentation, I have decided to change to Red Hat.

One of the main things I wanted to do on Linux was use Emacs for my
XML/CJK work, and no matter what I tried, I just could never get the
necessary major modes working right in Mandrake. Especially for the
SGML/XML, there is something about the way that Mandrake handles this
that seems to conflict with Emacs. When I installed Red
Hat, all of the Emacs modes worked perfectly right from the start, so
the switch ended up being a matter of little choice for me.

Best wishes,

Chuck

Charles Muller  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Faculty of Humanities,  Toyo Gakuen University
Digital Dictionary of Buddhism and CJKV-English Dictionary
[http://www.acmuller.net]
Mobile Phone: 090-9310-1787