Last night I somehow lost my printer setup. I booted off the install cd to
reinstall it.  When the install got to the summary showing the keyboard,
moust, printer, and time setting, I clicked ok.  I then got an error:

output in file /mnt/etc/ntp/step-tickers failed.  no such file are directory.

The kind person who helped me setup my dsl said it has to do with syncing
time.  I didn't have this when I upgraded from 8.1 to 8.2.  Is this
necessary?  It doesn't seem to be since it caused me to have to hit the reset
switch to reload mandrake, and if its not necessary how do I remove it?

Thanks
Chris