--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
<snip>
> -  I have also been trying to use msn messanger
> threw samba sharing to a
>    couple of windows machines. the chatting works
> fine but if you try to
>    use voice or video instead of typing it does not
> work?
>
> If you have any ideas or can direct me to where I
> can find out it would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> regards
>
> Mike

Mike,

I'll have a go at your second question.  I'm guessing
you are sharing an internet connection through Linux.
It does this using NAT (network address translation)
and I spent a lot of time trying to get MSN messenger
voice / video to work.  Until I found a site somewhere
that told me MSN voice / video doesn't work through
NAT, period.  So, I gave up.  And tried Yahoo
messenger instead, which (thankfully) does work
through NAT.  Had to convince my friends to switch
too.  And the good news?  Another Microsoft product
bites the dust!!!

Now if the developers at Yahoo would only port voice /
video to Linux I'd be even happier!

HTH,
Ron.