In my quest to get my 3c515TX up and running, I dug up a link that says I need
to implement some code that will somehow deal with the plug and play
requirements of the card.  I downloaded the required files to my Win98 PC
successfully, and after much digging, I figured out how to mount the floppy
drive of my linux box and copy the files into the Linux box.(phew!)

Now I am left with an "isapnp~1.tar" file.  After much more digging, I managed
to extract an "isapnp~1.tgz" file.  Again, much more digging to find I would
need to gunzip this file.  Well thats where I got stuck.  When I execute gunzip
isapnp~1.tgz, the prompt hangs, and no other disk activity.

two questions:

1) what am I missing here?

2) how do I cp using wildcards? (I had to copy each file individually from the
floppy to the linux PC)