Hi all,
        I really enjoy all the posts.  I have a question that has stumped me.  I
have an old CD drive (40x) and a CD-RW (Ricoh MP7040A).  Anyway, I set up
both drives as SCSI devices.  Mandrake install automagically set up the CD-RW
and I added the following as to the "append line" in lilo.conf

....hdb=ide-scsi"

not too hard so far.  I ran lilo and the drive works.  I can do direct CD to
CD copy...in gnometoaster.  Other programs don't recognize the CD-R as a
reader.  I cannot open either drive through the /mnt.  They're both locked.
I can play CD's with CD player in the CD-R.

I have the CD-R on hdb and the CD-RW on hdd.  I think that something is
confused between scdo and scd1.  I can't seem to straighten it out.  It's not
a killer as I can undo the append statement to remove the scsi emulation on
the CD-R and everything is back to normal, except direct CD copying.

Any ideas?  Thanks

Linus