Frank McKenna wrote:

 >Hi All,
 >
 >In two previous posts I submitted the following.  I only saw the
first
 >appear so I am resending both messages as one.  Sorry for the
long post

 >I decided to put an old Creative DVD 2 X in a Mandrake 8.1 box
along with a
 >32 X CD-ROM.  Unfortunately, only the DVD (I think) is mounted
although both
 >the DVD and CD-ROM show up in Hardrake
 >
 >When I run kdc the DVD shows up as the block D device but it
Hardrake it is
 >a block C device.  (  I hope that this is correct because I was
using a
 >friend's DSL connection to do massive updates)  Anyway, if it
isn't I hope
 >at least this conveys the idea.
 >
 >I installed autofs to see if this would resolve the proble but
to no avail.

 >Civileme suggested that I forward my fstab and get rid of autofs
 >
 >Here is my fstab:
 >
 >/dev/hda1 / ext1 defaults 1 1
 >none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
 >none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
 >/dev/hdd /mnt/cd rom auto auto
 >user,isocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,sync,exec,codepage=850,ro,n
 >oauto 0 0
 >/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto
 >user,isocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,sync,exec,codepage=85
 >0,noauto 0 0
 >none /proc proc defaults 0 0
 >/dev/hda5 swap swap defaults 0 0
 >
 >How would I lose autofs?
 >
 >Thanks
 >
 >Frank McKenna

Your've got typo's  in your fstab entry ,  /dev/hdd , try,

/dev/hdd /mnt/cdrom auto user,iocharset=iso8859-15,umask=0,
exec,codepage=850,ro,noauto 0 0
no gap between cd rom.
and I don't have auto auto user.

then,

rightmouseclick desktop cdrom  icon - properties - Device ,
check your Device and Mount point entries.

reboot

John

--
John Richard Smith