I have nvidia geforce3 graphics card.

My windblows screen resolutions are always better, and this is because I
can set a far higher screen resolution which windblows adopts and holds.

Mandrake can test a better screen resolution , but something always
resets the screen resolution backwards to the lower values, I do not
know what.

Mandrake  Control Centre - Hardware  - X Display ,
comes up,

1024x768     16million colours (24bits)

now I can reset here to either,

1024x768       4billion colours   (32bits)
or better still,
1280x1024     4billion colours   (32bits),

both test OK, and it is mandatory before exiting the Xdisplay
programme to reboot, which duely happens,

But always something has reset Xdisplay back to,
1024x768     16million colours  (24bits)

So no matter how often you attempy a reset you end up back where you
came in.

Is there any way to prevent to get the better resolution adopted.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]