okay, if you forget about my last message and knew nothing about my
problems, what would you say the following error message means when I try
to install linux from a CDROM:

partition check
hda
RAMDISK: compressed image found at block 0
crc errorVFS: cannot open root device 08:21
kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 08:21

--chris

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Our seeds sown larger                      |"Arise
 Our roots will go deeper                   | Alive
 Our trees will grow larger                 | Strive to win and live
 and now we wait the rain"                  | to please your mind"