On Wednesday 24 July 2002 10:13 pm, Dennis Myers wrote:
> Hi all, was wondering if anyone has had success with an addon pci
> Controller card. I want to add a CDROM drive to my set up but have no IDE
> connections available. I would like to add a card but can not find anything
> in "supported hardware" to tell me if a "Promise card" or some other brand
> card will work without having the linux drivers. Any advice is appreciated,
> Thanks.

Never mind, with a bit of searching I find that there are a couple that are
supported. Most common being the Promise IDE PCI controller. Now All I have
to do is figure out how to compile the module into my kernel. Ya gotta love
Mandrake-Linux. It has it all. This from the 9.0 beta1.
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842