Jonathan, Dan,

I haven't mucked with this much in a couple of months but I got my USB
Handspring Visor working 'sort of' under Linux (RH 7.2 I believe). I had
to recompile the kernel to get USB-Serial support. It was not easy and
it didn't work very well. Maybe the newer distros have better USB
support.

A much easier option is to get a serial cradle!

Anyhow check out

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/PalmOS-HOWTO/

or a goodly number of Palm-Linux sites (do a google search).

Terry Smith
Cape Cod USA