-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Anand
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 1:07 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] dual boot M8.2 and XP suggestion

Hi,
I may be wrong about this... but I beleive that it depends
on whether the XP is on NTFS or not. My friend installed
Linux with XP on fat32 without any special precautions
(like not installing lilo on MBR) and he didn't have any
problems. I did the same thing with XP on NTFS and ended up
loosing my windows. I then had to load lilo from XP
bootloader (After reinstalling XP ofcourse). Please correct
me if I am wrong.

Anand

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Bryan Tyson wrote:

> On Tuesday 30 July 2002 09:06 am, Scott wrote:
>
> I'm still confused on the same point:
> Some people talk about copying the boot record (the first 512
bytes
> from the
> linux partition) and copying it to the windows partition.
 Other people
> seem
> to be saying that linux will "sort out the booting" and never
mention
> copying
> the boot record or editing bootlaoder config files.  Which is
right?