-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Steve Jeppesen
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2002 8:57 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] dell inspiron 8100 with ATI Mobility Radeon 7500

Try setting up X with "known" values that should work ;) and do not test it
during the install.

That has happened to me before with various computers - when attempting to
test the graphics, the screen goes blank and never recovers.  If one of the
values does not work after completing the install, go in and manually edit
XF86Config-4.

Hint, till you are sure you have a working XF86Config-4 file, do not check
the box that asks "Would you like to start X automatically?" during install.
You can change that later when all is well.

Steve

--
Linux user #280097
Machine #162480