On Friday 02 Aug 2002 12:52 pm, Roman Korcek wrote:
> Hi guys,
> Just read this week's MDK newsletter and found this:
>
> ----------
>
> MandrakeClub
> RPM-voting system: Test the applications!
> Deno writes: "The moment we started the 'RPM-voting' system, I was
> afraid that we may run out of volunteers or get buried under hundreds
> of requests. Neither of these have happened: Ten days after the
> introduction, there are still less than 100 requests in the system, and
> our volunteers have quickly picked up and packaged quite a few of the
> requests in the queue."
> http://www.mandrakeclub.com/article.php?sid=52
>
> The most popular RPM requests (and their status) as of 29 July 2002:
> KDE 3.0.2 > done
> Wine > testing
> Mozilla 1.0 > done
> Xine + dvdnav > done
> GNOME 2.0 > in progress
> Mplayer > done
> MySQL v4.0.2 > requested
> Opera > requested
> NVidia kernel > testing
> Transcode > requested
>
> Not yet a Mandrake Club member? To learn more, please visit:
> http://mandrakelinux.com/en/club/

> Now, I wonder, can non-club members download those RPMs, too?

Absolutely.  During the 'testing' period they are on the club server, and
afterwards they go in 'Unsupported' on the ftp mirrors.  In any case the
people who package them normally put them up on a public server anyway.
Any package with 'legal issues' ends up on PLF.

But don't let that stop you joining the club...

derek