On Friday 02 August 2002 12:53 pm, Tom Brinkman wrote:
> On Friday August 2 2002 10:26 am, daRcmaTTeR wrote:
> > hi list,
> >
> > has anyone else noticed that the iso's for Mandrake 9.0beta release
> > are too big to fit on regular size CDRW media?
>
>     This had been so for several months.  700mb cdr's are needed now.
> CD1 is 701, CD2 is 700, CD3 is 498mb. I don't know what the 9.0beta 2
> iso's are, I don't have 'em yet (released today). FWIW, the cd1.iso had
> no problem burnin, even tho it strains the 700 mb cdr limit.
>
>   I'll take this opportunity to once again encourage that lurkin on the
> cooker ML, or at least checking the archive is a very good idea if
> you're gonna mess with cooker. There was some discussion about going to
> 700mb CD's, search the archive for the reasons.  I'd also add that 9.0,
> even the early June alpha release, is better than 8.2 with a KDE 3.x
> upgrade IME.

I agree up to a point, and that is some of the things that are broken can be
annoying. Like /etc/fstab having a bunch of "none" set for dev so floppy zip
and cdrom don't work until you edit the file. Otherwise the look is good and
speed seems to noticeably faster. Also, have you figured out what is the
problem with Mandrake Control Center, I can set up my internet connection
using drakeconnect but not through the control center. Anyhow, this looks
like 9.0 will be a real "windows breaker" watch out for falling glass.
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842