On Friday 02 Aug 2002 10:13 pm, you wrote:
> i have just done what i thought was a successful installation...but i can't
> tell if Wizdrake is installed. the documentation, Mandrake Linux 8.1:
> Reference manual, says it you have Wizdrake installed then you can use the
> wizards to help configure the Network, Samba, DNS, DHCP, etc.
>
> <snip>The server configuration wizards are available through the Control
> Center. When the wizdrake package is installed, a new menu entry appears in
> the Mandrake Control Center tree menu (figure 15-2).<snip>
>
> When i run the Control Center i cannot see the "new entry" that is supposed
> to appear so i can then go to the screen depicted in fig 15-2.
>
> i wasn't prompted during install to load any wizards. I can't find in the
> Software Manager section of the Control Center where I can even install
> Wizdrake.

You'll probably get a better answer on Monday when people return to work, but
for what it's worth this is what I recall from 8.1.

Try software manager (I think it's under configuration menus somewhere
(though you might just have to be logged in as root to do it - this is a last
resort though).  You should be able to see wizards either under 'installed'
or 'all'.  If it not installed, and it wasn't on my installation, it installs
fairly easily from the 'all' list.

HTH

Anne