Have you confirmed that your sound is not configured?
I have an ALC650 codec which was supported by 8.2 however when it was
configure it didn't set any volumes.

On another note, rather then try to fight w/ 8.2, 9.0 should be out
shortly, and the betas themselves are very stable. You might try that.

NB