My Linux advocacy is beginning to pay off. One of the people I've turned
on to Linux Mandrake has just ordered himself the 8.2 Power Pack. Should
be arriving any day now, and he & I are like a couple of little kids
just before Christmas.

I've been giving away copies of 8.1 download edition, and the most
common complaint I hear is of the temperamental supermount. I'm tempted
to burn myself a copy of the first three disks of my friend's 8.2 Power
Pack and start giving them away as if they were the download edition. A
freely distributable 8.x with a working supermount would go far in
promoting Linux and MandrakeSoft here.

Is this a good idea? Or should I continue to give away the 8.1 download
CDs until I can get the download edition of 8.2? I want to promote LM
and MandrakeSoft, not cause a good company harm.

Warren