I have a stupid question .. :-)

I have noticed that rpmdrake has been completely redone, and am now thorougly
confused about manually installing packages that I download from the
internet.  Before, all I would have to do is tell Mozilla or Netscape to run
/usr/bin/rpminst, but now that doesn't work.  I tried to add a local
directory using the new "Edit Software Sources" tool, but can't figure out
the syntax of what I need to add to properly configure it as a source.  The
first two boxes are simple enough (a name, and the path of the directory),
but the third box is confusing me ("Relative path to synthesis/hdlist").
What the heck is that??  Ok, now that I've thoroughly confused everyone <g>,
here are my questions:

1. Is there a way to run the rpm installer program like I used to from Mozilla
or Netscape (a la /usr/bin/rpminst)?

2.  How do I properly add a local directory as a source to rpmdrake?

Thanks!

--
Terry Sheltra
PC Technician/Network Administrator