I did just that, but there are kinda like no used cdroms here :-) Strange,
isn't it? Only new ones. I live in Hungary, so it would be hard to find just
somebody off the list :-)))

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of daRcmaTTeR
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 3:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] I want a slover cdrom...

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Tenchi wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I have an 52x LG cdrom and a 16x12x40 Philips CD-writer. They are both
very
> loud when playing movies or copying. I decided that I do not need speeds
> like this. I want to make at least my cdrom like only 10x speed. It would
be
> more quiet this way. In windows there are programs for this, but what can
> do in linux?(I have MDK 8.2)
>
> Thanks all,
>
> T.
> ---

T,

Off hand i'd say visit any used computer shop and tell  them what you're
looking for. i don't think you're going to have any trouble finding an
older model. In fact there are likely quite a few floating around on this
list if you ask.

--
daRmaTTeR

Reg. Linux User #186492
"Stupidity has no moral high ground...it can't see that high!"

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---