On Saturday 17 August 2002 12:42 am, you wrote:

> two bells are going off for me.  One being a different installer for
> goty, and the second being a vague recollection of one having to
> decompress those uz files.  Ummm, I used to have a script that
> someone wrote for that, but I've lost track of it.  You may have some
> luck with google or some of those linux gaming sites.
> hths,
> -s

Hi s. Thanks for the reply.

I think you're right, the "unr.uz" files must be uncompressed. I went to D.
Olsons' web site, where he has a nice UT tutorial. I grabbed a different
installer from the link there, one that actually has GOTY in its name. I
tried it with both of my copies of UT (one is GOTY and the other is Best of
Infogrames). This time, it did ask for the 2nd CD (the other 436 script did
not). BTW, the GOTY version supports a 2nd CD-ROM, if you have one.
I followed his tutorials' instructions exactly, applying the chmod and
running it as "./". I also tried it with "sh ". Same difference, AFAICT...

What does not happen though, in my open terminal window, is all the scrolling
messages about the files being uncompressed - when the installer dialog boxs'
indicator bar is nearly to the end. It just quits, says that the game was
successfully installed, and to start it with "ut". My terminal window does
finish with this though:

[root@darkforce darklord]# ./ut-install-436-GOTY.run
Verifying archive integrity...OK
Uncompressing Unreal Tournament version 436-GOTY Linux
ERROR: No matching delta for /usr/local/games/ut/System/UTMenu.u

I'm at a loss here. Does anyone have any idea why my setup won't uncompress
the files that UT needs?

Thanks.

--
                                                                          /\