On Sat, 11 Sep 1999, you wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, you wrote:
> > I have a Creative Modem Blaster Flash56 PCI DI5630 on com3 and I can't get
> > the kppp dialer to inatialize my modem. Any seggestions on setup or drivers
> > or a another 56k modem I could buy that has avalible Linux drivers would be
> > greatly appreciated.
> >
> AFAIK, virtually all PCI modems are "WinModems." That means
> that they use software to emulate hardware. HSP modems are
> an example of a type of "WinModem." These modems are
> useless in Linux.
> What you should do is go out and buy an EXTERNAL 56k modem
> or find an ISA modem that does NOT say it requires Windows.
>       John

A site I use to tell if a modem is real or not is
http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html
He keeps a list of modems and tells which ones work in Linux and which ones
dont.  According to his list, all Creative Labs Modem Blasters with a PCI
interface are Windows-only modems.  I had to learn the hard way too.. I bought
Diamond Supramax 56k modems for my system and my wife's system.. As long as you
use it in Windows, it works great..   I got rid of my modem and got an external
just to be safe..

--
Cthulhu for President in 2000 - Why settle for the lesser evil????