Here's what qt3.0.5 online doc is saying:

"
Plugins and Threaded Applications

If you want to build a plugin which you want to use with a threaded Qt library
(whether or not the plugin itself uses threads) you must use a threaded
environment. Specifically, you must link the plugin with a threaded Qt
library, and you must build Qt Designer with that library. Your .pro file for
your plugin must include the line:

    CONFIG += thread

Warning: Do not mix the normal Qt library and the threaded Qt library in an
application. If your application uses the threaded Qt library, you should not
link your plugin with the normal Qt library. Nor should you dynamically load
the normal Qt library or dynamically load another library, e.g. a plugin,
that depends on the normal Qt library. On some systems, mixing threaded and
non-threaded libraries or plugins will corrupt the static data used in the Qt
library.
"

Regards,
        Frank.