On Monday 19 August 2002 06:28 am, you wrote:
> On Sunday 18 August 2002 10:36 pm, you wrote:
> > Hello Members,
> >
> > I've done a few replies to some e-mails and did not realize that I
> > haven't properly introduced myself to the list!
> >
> > The name's Jason Wilson and I hail from Pennsylvania.  I am a computer
> > geek (well, not THAT bad!)
I personally perfer the term "nurd", as we have some folks that post here
every now and then that consider anyone able to install any OS to be a
"geek", and I believe that I speak for a lot of folks when I say I am PROUD
to be a newbie, and will always be a newbie. (heck, after 8 years building
systems, the only thing I learned then that it will all be obsolete in about
3 years,

 and discovered Linux about 3 years ago.  I
> > have been using Linux on and off for the last 3 years, using the Mandrake
> > distribution. I currently dual-boot my system with Linux Mandrake 7.1 and
> > Windows XP Home. Yes, I do need to upgrade my version of Mandrake but I
> > am still learning all the aspects of Linux!
> >
> > I am here because I am somewhat of a newbie; although, I do know
> > something about Linux.  Some questions I know, I'll help out.  Some
> > questions I don't, I'll ask.  :-)  I hope with whatever problem I have
> > now and in the future, I'll get help from some of you guys.
I believe it was Confusious (or Confusion, one of them Cons) who said "'the
difference between a wise man and a fool. is that a wise man knows what he
knows not, the fool knows not what he knows not. far more valuble (around
here anyway) to realize there is some things you CAN help with and just admit
when you are streatching your limits. very often the asking of the correct
"newbie-orieninted" questions will allow someone with greater experiance to
complete the answer while you got it started in the correct direction.