On Tuesday 20 August 2002 09:14 pm, Charles A Edwards wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Aug 2002 20:13:02 -0500
>
> Dennis Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I tried installing from source to get the commercial NVidia drivers on
> > 9.0 beta 3 but get the following error message. Anyone have an idea as
> > to what I am missing here? TIA for any help.
> >
> > /var/tmp/NVIDIA_kernel-1.0//lib/modules/2.4.19-3mdk/kernel/drivers/vi
> > deo+ install -m 0444 NVdriver
> > /var/tmp/NVIDIA_kernel-1.0//lib/modules/2.4.19-3mdk/kernel/drivers/vi
> > deo install: cannot stat `NVdriver': No such file or directory
> > error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.39105 (%install)
>
> I have always rebuilt the src.rpm and never had the problem.
> I've got i586 nvidia rpms for the 2.4.19-1, -2, -3, and -4 kernels and
> can send you whichever ones you need if you would like.
>

>     Charles
>
> --------------
> Except for 75% of the women, everyone in the whole world wants to have
> sex.
> - Ellyn Mustard
> ----------------------
> Charles A Edwards
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Thanks  Charles, this post is way out of date, it got hung up somewhere in the
ether  net.  I did not have kernel-sources installed. Once they were
installed, I still got an error and discovered that the "alias /dev/nvidia"
got appended to the tail of my "alias emu10k1" sound card (something like
that) and thus neither worked. So when I moved the nvidia alias to a new line
sound and the Nvidia card started working. Life is good again, Tux fairly
flys.  Thanks for the offer though,
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842