On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 05:58, Randy Kramer wrote:
>    * Is there an easy way to find such email if they are delayed by
> Postfix?  (I tried looking in the defer directory (or was it deferred --
> there are both) and it is filled with 10 or 15 (16?) directories with
> names like 1, 2, 3 ..., and some of those have subdirectories.)

Postfix now includes sendmail compatibility commands so you should be
able to display all queued mail with the simple command mailq.  You can
get a similar display with the command "/usr/sbin/postqueue -p".

>    * If I use sendmail -q in an attempt to "kick" the postfix queue,
> does that also "kick" any emails stuck in the postfix defer queue?

The sendmail -q command likely does a "/usr/sbin/postqueue -f" to flush
the mail queue.  I don't know whether this will retry mail that
previously failed delivery before the retry time is reached - it may
not.

The command "/usr/sbin/postqueue -s site" does look like it would
immediately send all mail queued for the specified site, but it does
require some configuration to use.  Check the man page for postqueue(1)
for more information.

Seth
[EMAIL PROTECTED]