Old habits die hard....the first way I learned to restart a service (when I
first started admining a linux box back in 1997), was by typing
'/etc/rc.d/init.d/service_name restart'.  You can of course, also use
'service service_name restart'.

Michael

--
Michael Viron
Project Manager / Primary Developer / Manager of Online Operations