Hi guys,

I want to setup djb-dnscache on my 8.2 box.

unfortunatly, djb has written it to rely on his svcsan deamon monitoring and
starting application, which is not necesary in a redhat style distro like
mandrake..

Does anyone know of a dyndns cache program that is setup to work with
initscripts?

I just want to load it on via rpm, point to to my main dns servers, and have
it answer and cache dns queries for my internal network.

IS this possible???

My ADSL connection is really quick, but dns queries slow down the initial
lookup a great deal, so I am hoping to solve this for all my internal
machines. (by making them check my linux servers internal private IP address
before any external dns server)

Has anyone else set this up??

IF not, I will start from scratch and write a how to on it for anyone
interested.

regards

Frank