On Wednesday August 28 2002 07:13 am, Jure Repinc wrote:
> I would like to recompile kernel and would like to just change one
> option from the default kernel that is installed now. Is there a file
> that has settings for current kernel, which is installed after you
> install Mandrake?

 ('Course this assumes you have the kernel-source...rpm installed)

o      'cd /usr/src/linux'   and   'cp .config config.save'

         Edit Makefile  and change EXTRAVERSION =
         to somethin other than what it's already set to

         Uncomment the line,  export  INSTALL_PATH=/boot

o      'make mrproper'    this step is not optional

o      'cp config.save .config'    Now you can edit .config

o      'make oldconfig'  Then continue on with the regular steps