Hello,

I'm running Mandrake 7.1 (I know I know, long story..) and I'm having what
I think is a permissions problem.
Its the cdrom and floppy drives, specificly unless I'm logged in as root I
can't get to 'em.
This is, a super pain. I want to be a good doobie and not play around with
stuff while logged in as root, but if I want to move stuff between machines
I need the floppy drive....(No network yet, coming soon)
So smarty that I am I pull out the books. Yes books.
Then I edit /etc/group and make my user part of all the groups that look
entertaining, disk,cdrom,floppy,users.
Doesn't help a bit. Finally in a fit of desparation I add myself to root.
Which also doesn't help a bit.
Oh, I do log out between tries, but I presume theres some way around that,
which I'd appreciate knowing....
So I'm stumped, I can mount and unmount but not use... HELP!

-Curt