This might not have made it to the list, sorry if it is a dup:

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 12:27:58 EDT
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I installed Mandrake8.2 and when i start my computer the mouse if fine
> but sometimes when im working the mouse pointer isnt in the right
> place like ill click and the pointer will be where i want to click but
> the click will be like 1 inch to the left..any idea how i can fix
> this? Thanks

Try uncommenting (remove the # sign) this option in your
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file:

#   Option      "sw_cursor"

It is in the

# **********************************************************************
# Graphics device section

of the file.

Then restart the xserver (if you boot into the gui, there should be an
option somewhere in the log-in screen to restart the server).

I had a similar problem with my laptop and this solved it. Hope it works
for you too.

--
Chris Spackman

gpg: 9B6B 860E 7C06 787F 366F 5D3E 7152 DCB2 FC51 51B9