-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Brian Craft
Sent: Thursday, 5 September 2002 5:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Help with Hub

On Wednesday 04 September 2002 05:16 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> im getting dsl and i want to use my hub i want a win2k box and a linux box
> on the same dsl.
>
> i want to know if i can use my hub and get win2k box to to give my linux
> box internet access or the other way around doesnt matter. I want to use
my
> hub though i have the hub and network cables how would i get this to work?
> ANY help is appriciated
>
> Thanks

Instead of just a regular hub, what you need is a router.  What I did was to
come out of the dsl modem to the router (which also acts as your hub) and
your computers plug into the router.  It doesn't matter what OS your
running.
The router I'm using is a 4 port SMC Barricade Router.

--

Brian Craft

Registered Linux User # 210286
Linux Registered machine: 97873
Yahoo Instant Messenger ID: bcraft67
ICQ id: 129672292
AIM: linuxgeek67
Linux......the OS of Choice!

"After you install Windows XP, you have the option to create user accounts.
If you create user accounts, by default, they will have an account type of
Administrator with no password." -- Microsoft KnowledgeBase article Q293834