The panel is part of GNOME, not the WM. A Menu Panel can be created via the menu
that pops up when you right-click a blank area of a panel. This works in both
GNOME 1 and GNOME 2.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

"You agree that in order to protect the integrity of content and software
protected by digital rights management ('Secure Content'), Microsoft may provide
security related updates to the OS Components that will be automatically
downloaded onto your computer. These security related updates may disable your
ability to copy and/or play Secure Content and use other software on your
computer." -- MS Windows Media Player EULA, 2002