On Tuesday September 10 2002 12:08 pm, Larry Theden wrote:
> I'm currently running Mandrake 9.0 RC1, after starting with 8.1 and
> then downloading/installing 8.2.
>
> How 'bleeding edge' is RC2 compared to RC1?  What advantages do I
> gain from changing now as opposed to a week from now?
>
> I'm looking at it currently from a perspective of, "Eh, wot, I'm
> burning 3 CDs a week at the current rate, maybe I'll just have a
> wait."  What am I overlooking?  :-)

    There's been a ton of updated packages since RC1. Many updates (eg,
XFree86 Version 4.2.1, coupl'a newer kernels), many bugfixes (mostly
kde, gnome), lot'sa 'base system' and drak* tools fixes/updates.
Unfortunately there's been more fixes/updates since RC2. More than I
thought there'd be so close to release.

    I'd say if you're not havin problems, wait for the Final.  Or, if
you have a high speed connection, use 'urpmi' or rpmdrake to update to
current cooker.