Hi,

I just discovered this list.  I've already posted a
report on www.desktoplinux.com of my newbie experience
with Mandrake Linux if anyone is interested.  I would
say the biggest lessons learned so far are:

1.) Once you have Mandrake installed, do not leave the
installation disk pt 1 in the cd-drive when you reboot
the machine.  Mandrake will restart the installation
process.

2.) If you're just a desktop user wanting to setup a
dial-up Internet connection, do not change your
hostname.

Here are the complete reports:

http://www.desktoplinux.com/cgi-bin/board/UltraBoard.pl?Action=ShowPost&Board=general&Post=46&Idle=0&Sort=0&Order=Descend&Page=0&Session=

http://www.desktoplinux.com/cgi-bin/board/UltraBoard.pl?Action=ShowPost&Board=general&Post=47&Idle=0&Sort=0&Order=Descend&Page=0&Session=

Hope this was of some interest.  Feel free to write
with any comments.

--Steve