On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 16:55:11 +0200
Rooms Frederic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to mount automatically a samba account when I log in a graphic
> session. Up to now, I have modified the bashrc file so that it logs in.
> Unfortunately, it mounts my account each time I run a new terminal which
>
> is annoying as it takes two seconds. Therefore, I would like to test if
> my connection is active or not. If I was not connected then I'd like to
> connect. Is it possible ?
>
> The conditionnal test would be:
>
> if disconnected then
>       smbmount....
> end
>
> Do you have an idea to realize this test ?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Frédéric

I would edit .xinitrc. You should be able to execute commands there, and
they will only be executed on login. I don't know what window manager you
are using, but there might be a preferred method for your particular WM.

I use Fluxbox, and in my .xinitrc I just call a script, startfb, that
launches gkrellm and starts Fluxbox.

HTH,

Todd

--