From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2002 3:30:31
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Linux on School Network

Hello,
I'm trying to get a Mandrake Linux 8.1 server that my friend had set
up running on my school's network, but unfortunately it is not getting
an IP address. I've taken the network card and plugged it into my
Windows box, activated it on the network, and placed it back in the
server box, so I know that's not it (we're required to accept terms of
use before it allows our cards to access the internet). I've also
re-run the network configuration tool in the Mandrake Control Center and
it still won't get an IP. Any ideas? What other information do you
need to help? We don't know what else to try from here. Thanks.

Brian

--
"He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my
contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the

-- Albert Einstein (1875-1955), German-born American theoretical physicist, theories
of relativity, philosopher