On Wednesday 18 September 2002 11:48 pm, joe wrote:
Here is an update to my problem: I figured out that I needed gcc installed so
i found and installed gcc-2-96-0.76mdk (with all dependencies and no
errrors).
Here is the new message the configure script gives me:
 ./configure
checking for -p flag to install... yes
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc   ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc   ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for c++... no
checking for g++... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C++ compiler (gcc   ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler cannot
create executables.

Please help me mandrake gurus!