Todd Slater wrote:
I'm looking into getting a laser printer for home, and linuxprinting.org
mentions the kyocera FS-1010. Does anybody on the list have experience
with this brand? A tech guy at work said I should go with the HP1200. Any
thoughts?

Todd

I tried several (borrowed) printers to make sure that before I spent my hard earned cash that I would have a fully functional printer and not a decorative paper-weight on my desk like the canon LBP-800 I used to use with Winblow$.
After a lot of frustration and research I bought and have been using a Kyocera FS-1000+ for 8 months nowwith MDK 8.0/8.1/8.2 and soon to be 9.0. Installation is a breeze and the results are great EVERY time I print a document.
My girlfriend and two other friends now use a Kyocera FS-1010 and I haven't had one call regarding problems with printing from any of them. Another great feature is the lower TCO with the Kyocera. One thing to bear in mind though is that you will need a good quality shielded printer cable, other than that it is a great investment

Graham