I suggest to try prozilla. It's a console based (ncurses) downlaod manager
that searches mirrors, or if you are really feeling like experimenting, try
ProzGUI (download the static build as it doesn't build on LM 8.2)... it
uses a FLTK interface, and supports mirror-searching, and downloading from
threads from separate servers at the same time. Never failed on me.

http://prozila.genesys.ro/

BTW: prozilla is on your LM 8.2 CD's ;-)

Greetings
Ralph

--
Homepage: http://tuxpower.f2g.net/