John,

I just whipped up the following simplistic Perl script. Put it in the
directory in which the JPG files live, give it a name like renameJPG.pl
and then

  chmod 755 renameJPG.pl

Then to run it, type

  ./renameJPG.pl

and it will rename all files ending with JPG. By the way, this will
NOT work on FAT32 filesystem directories. Let me know if you need
it to and I can modify it.

Miark

----------The following line must be the FIRST line of the script.
#!/usr/bin/perl

opendir(PINS_DIR, ".");
@dir = readdir(PINS_DIR);
closedir(PINS_DIR);

foreach (@dir) {
   next if !m/JPG$/;
   $before = $_;
   s/JPG$/jpg/;
   $after = $_;
   print "Renaming $before to $after...\n";
   system("mv $before $after");
}

print "\nAll files in this directory have been renamed.\n\n";
----------The previous line is the LAST line of the script

John Richard Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> saith: