Greetings,

I was fooling around tonight and I realized that the Openoffice 1.0.1 that
installed with rc3 did not have a spell checker.

Looked on the Openoffice.org web page and found instructions to install a
spell checker.

http://whiteboard.openoffice.org/lingucomponent/download_dictionary.html

Trouble is, I believe that I followed the instructions but when I load a test
document that has deliberate misspellings the system locks hard.......
so hard that I have no alternative than to press the reset button.
(don't like to have to do that)

I was able to install a 641 version and the spellchecker works fine.
Does anyone know if this is a problem that is common of have I done
something drasticly wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mudder