Sorry Charlie! Meant to send my last reply to Franki!

My bad!

lanman

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Charlie M.
Sent: September 24, 2002 4:44 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] More reasons to Hate M$hit. Creative too, which
I'm getting pretty p'o'd off with...

On Tuesday 24 September 2002 12:52 pm, Franki wrote:
> I got lucky,,, my position has some perks, and I use all of them to
> proclaim the coolness of linux..

Lucky you. I don't have a 'position' per se. I'm just a
dilettante/rabble
rouser that gets weird calls late at night from various friends that
seem to
think I may have some useful knowledge or skill. Are they ever mistaken!
;-)

> My boss knows I am a nut for it, and HE asked me if I could replace
all
> their windows/office machines, with linux variants..

It would seem your boss is a very open minded person. One person/company
at a
time is a fantastic way to build some momentum.

> So I am starting with one machine, see if I can make it as useful, and
if
> they are happy with the result, then we can put it on all of them...
very
> cool  :-)

I'll wish you luck Frank; even though you seem to have a good grasp on
what
you're doing. In any case it's always helpful to be lucky when you can't
be
good.

Better still to be both though. <grin>

> The more business and home users we initiate to linux, the harder it
will
> be for M$ to use paladium to reinforce their monopoly.. (and collect
info
> from "users")

I agree so much my head hurts! Or maybe it was the shout when I read it.

> rgds
>
> Frank
<snip 'n' edit the subject cause Air New Zealand didn't like some of the
words
Heather chose, and bounced it back at me.Mail Marshall. hmmmm>
--
Charlie
Edmonton,AB,Canada